Mauser M2

Bulldog44

Anybody have any experiences with the Mauser M2 in .45 ACP? I received the current SigArms catalog yesterday and was impressed by what I saw in it. (However, the rifle chambered in .500 Jeffery with a MSRP of over $10,000 was a bit steep.)

George Hill

Staff Alumnus
I looked at one yesterday. Looked like a clunky little fat chunk of steel. I wasn't impressed.
Some have said that these guns are short lived. To be carried often but not fired much.

Marko Kloos

Got one, like it just fine. Great ergonomics, very accurate, good sights, low felt recoil, pretty compact for a double-stack .45ACP. It's also reliable as anything else that says SIGarms on it...haven't gotten it to fail yet.

Downsides: trigger might not be everybody's cuppa tea, takedown procedure is a bit involved, spare mags are too expensive at $50 a pop, and the safety is at the rear of the frame.

I fail to see how it would be any less durable than a P-series SIG. It's made out of the same alloy and steel, on the same machines, in the same factory as the P-series SIGs. The design certainly doesn't look fragile.

My $0.02 on the M2.