Mauser M2 Q's

TiP99

I was looking around and i saw the Mauser M2 in a .45acp. It is made by Sig correct? The price seems a little low for Sig. Just wanted to make sure they ar "Sig quality" Any input on these guns are well appreciated. Thanks

Samuel2001

TiP99

Mauser M2s are not manufactured by Sig! As I understand they only import them and market them in the U.S.A.

TiP99

I would get the 239 if you want a .40. It fits better for me, but you will have to be the guide to your fitting. The biggest reason most want the m2 is its a .45 like the 220. Happy hunting.

abelew

m2 is definatly cheaper, and they are said to be reliable, that said, get what you feel is better for you

yaotlone

hey tip are you saying it like a 220 for it being a sig,,,or you saying ,,size,feel,weight etc..is like the 220,,,because im trying to get compact.

KurtC

I considered the M2 for quite awhile. The more I handled them, the more I didn't like them. The grip is wide with flat sides and an extremely curved backstrap. Not very ergonomic.

It has a strange safety above the tang, that is more of a lock than a safety. Trigger pull was fine for a striker.

The 245 is the compact version of the 220. I believe it can also use 220 mags.

I eventually decided on the Beretta 8045D mini-cougar. It shot so nice I picked up a 2nd one.

f61d1570.jpg

TiP99

220 for the size, its the original classic also. You cant go wrong with a tested weapon like the 220, however if you want a compact the 220 might not be for you. Now i havnt compared the M2 and the 220 side by side so i dont know the size difference.
Did you want to stay with a .45? If not the 239 Is a good choice in a 9mm, .40 or .357sig. Cheers

yaotlone

cool...basically,i was trying to get more info on it,,since i found out its not california legal yet,,nobody has it,,,but im just going to stick with a future 239 .40 and stick with my baby 45.

keko

P239...

I own a P239 in a 9mm. I also own a Glock 23 (.40).

I can not recommend a P239 in .40. It is too small of a frame, in my opinion, and will recoil a bunch, same with the .357.

If you want a .357 or .40 get a P229...NOT a P239. You need the larger frame to shoot accurately with follow-up shots.

The P239 is a great 9mm. It is my carry gun.

You can get great ammo for a 9mm with performance that will be superb for a civilian. The police are switching to .40 to be able to penetrate auto body panels and auto glass. Shooting through a car is not a thing civilians should every face in a self defense situation. Soooo, a 9mm is all you should need...besides you can get great ballistic performance with some 9mm ammo like Speer Gold Dot, Federal Personal Defence, or Remington Golden Sabre. a benefit of 9mm is that you can carry more ammo than the larger calibers. In the P239 that means one more round.

Lastly, 9mm is about the cheapest large caliber ammo you can buy to practice with.

yaotlone

well i dont mind the recoil,,thats why i also have a 45,,,and the amount of carry ammo is ok,,,with me being a civillian,it would be smarter to cut down on the amount of shots. 1 or 2 should be enough.