Matte-stainless look from an aftermarket coating?

ScottRiqui

I'm really liking the two-tone look on my Springfield EMP:

SPR_EMP40L1.jpg

As far as I know, there's no coating on the slide - it's just a matte (possibly bead-blasted?) stainless steel. If I wanted to duplicate the look on one of my other (non-stainless) guns, could anyone recommend a durable aftermarket coating that would have approximately the same color and sheen?

Jim Watson

There are some spray n bake coatings advertised as stainless steel or titanium color. Don't look bad if you don't get too close, cheaper than plating.

RickB

A buddy of mine painted his Glock slide with Brownells spray-n-bake "stainless" colored coating. It really looked pretty good, but that stuff wears just from looking at it. Refinishing is cheap and easy; it's not like you've got $150 invested in a professionally-applied finish when it starts looking ratty.

ScottRiqui

I'm looking for something more durable than an "at-home" coating (although, I do have a computer-controlled kiln, so if there are really high-quality options out there, it's not out of the question.)

But I'm a stickler for details, so anything less than a smooth, flawless finish will probably bother me too much to live with it, at least on this gun.