Masterpiece Arms discussion

jabba21

I'm possibly picking up a Masterpiece Arms 45ACP pistol in trade and I was just wondering what some of you guys thought about them.

I know they are very heavy and not practical at all. It's not going to fit into any of my systems (i.e. EDC, home defense, etc.) It's merely just going to be something for me to mess with for awhile (because I've never owned one) until I probably trade it for something else down the road. With that said, I hear they are very reliable and surprisingly accurate. What has been your experience with one?

Also, does anyone make accessories for them besides Masterpiece Arms themselves and USMachinegun?

jabba21

I guess they aren't very popular on here. Oh well, I did end up getting it in trade. It's pretty fun. I think it would be way more useful as an SBR though.

1491m9u.jpg

745SW

Here in California I’ve seen a couple of Masterpiece Arms models in the Turner’s flyer. I believe Turner’s is the biggest with about 15 stores. The strange thing is they appear as single shots and are priced about $500 and up. I’ve heard at one of the shows that firearms, new or used, that aren’t on the states roster can enter the state as a single shot.

What happens after the firearm enters is unknown to me but imagine it can be converted back within the states limits. Why else would anyone want go through all this hassle for a single shot?

I’ve handled a MAC 10 in the distant past and its got to be the worst trigger of any pistol. The open bolt design MAC 10 is only useful, IMO, as a full auto with a suppressor.

mes228

Masterpiece

I've shot the Masterpiece Arms in 5.7 caliber extensively. I can say that my friends is absolutely reliable, with an Eotec mounted the accuracy is phenomenal. Easily out shoots the FN 5.7 pistol and the FN rifle in 5.7 (ps90??). For quite quite a while he owned the Masterpiece and both FN products. My friend had a few thousand rounds in 5.7 and we burned a lot up. I have no idea what the intended use of it is, unless you are protecting the President. They pretty much give them away at Virginia gun shows. I've seen them sell for substantially less than $500 new. I rate them a great product at a great price. Much better performance that the other "look a like's" ie MAC 10 etc. Nothing shabby about the 5.7 at all. Don't know about the .45 caliber. If you could legally have a folding stock on one. I'd buy one in a heart beat.

Skans

I used to have an old Ingram M10, but it was a closed bolt gun, like your Masterpiece Arms. Never did appreciate all that much, but I got what I paid for it when I sold it. The Open Bolt guns will continue to escalate in value, but I don't think much will come of the closed bolt guns.