marlin xl-7/xs7

jakec2789

I purchased this VERY affordable rifle and outfitted it with a leupold vx1 4-12x40 and used hornady 150g sst rounds, shot 1/2 inch groups at 150 yards. excellent rifle for $279 at bass pro. anyone else had a chance to shoot one yet? mine is chambered in .308. lets here your opinions.

FFEMTRESCUE

XS7 Marlin

I just bought an XS7 3 weeks ago and had it bore sighted with bushnell 3x9x50. Took it to the range and put 5 rounds through it, at 200 yrds, with 2in groups. Last week went to the lease in west TX and bagged a doe at 260 yrds, back of the head.
Out of the box with $100 scope, affordable ammo, this rifle is the best bang for ur buck.I would recomend this rifle for beginers or vet's. Supper happy with this buy.

MFour

I've shot an XL7 in 30-06 at 100 yards with less than half inch groups. That was with the cheapest ammo Walmart sold. Definitley one of the better bargain guns available today.

B

brian923

and lots of people used to knock the barrel nut system. i think its one of the best barrel fitting systems out there. savages new palma rifle shoots amazing, and it seems to be doing great with the marlin as well. whats also sweet is that i can change out the barrel at my leazure without the need for a lathe!!!!

anybody know if marlin is going to start producing prethreaded and chambered barrels for its xl7?? (or others for that matter) i would like to get my hands on one of these rifles. they seem like a great buy.

P.S. anyone know the thread size and pitch, and are the bolt heads of the savage and the XL7 be interchanged???
if so, i have a savage mag bolt head and a 7mm rem mag barrel that i would love to give a home on a marlin....... ;)

Last edited:
I haven't shot one but I want to. There are two things keeping me from buying one. The first and biggest one is that I've had bad luck with Remington products and I seems like every new Remington someone I hunt with gets has problems right out of the box. Doesn't Remington now own Marlin? I was thinking it did. That's the first thing holding me back. The second is I like nice wood stocked rifles and I'm not really a bolt action fan. I like lever actions or semi autos. This is neither nor does it have a nice wood stock. Then again at the same time the guns I hunt with always get deep gouges and scratches all over then look bad anyway so maybe I need a synthetic stock.

These reports of how well it shoots just have me wanting one though.