Marlin Papoose

comn-cents

Anyone have one of these? I'm really thinking about getting one and need to know the good bad and the ugly. How is accuracy, reliability, etc. Since it is a take down is POI consistent when you put it back together? Do they really float & are the "Papoose" really waterproof, or just water resistant? Thanks for your help.

I owe one, it is just an off shoot of a Marlin model 60 action. Mine is reliable and have had very little trouble with it. It does not float, the Ar-7 is on the one that floats.

arcticap

It's the travel case that floats because it's lined with closed cell foam. That's for when it's carried in a canoe or boat and if it tips over, the rifle won't be lost as easily.
I have two of the newer stainless models and my son has an older blue one with a wood stock.
The newer ones have a last shot hold open feature that's missing on the older ones.
One of mine needed to have the magazine lips adjusted in order to feed better. It's a little finicky about ammo but it shoots what it likes reliably, CCI pointy Blazers and Winchester Wildcats the best.
My son's feeds a greater variety of ammos without any problems.
Their accuracy is fine for general purpose shooting with open sights. We never mounted scopes on ours. They're very quick and easy handling guns and we like them.

Last edited: