Marlin Model 99 M1 .22lr

MatthewM

A client was gracious enough to give me this rifle to use for training new shooters.

I am curious to know anything more about it.

It is a Marlin Model 99 M1.
It's a .22lr tube fed that is made to look like an M1 Carbine.

Thanks for any info.

Steven Mace

MatthewM, the Marlin Model 99M1 was styled after the M1 Carbine but having a 9-shot tubular magazine and an 18" barrel being chambered in .22 LR. The Model 99M1 was the last in a series of model variations from the original Model 99 produced by Marlin. The first Model 99's began production in about 1959 and ended in 1961. Marlin also manufactured the Model 99C (1962-1978), the Model 99DL (1960-1965) and the Model 99M1 (1966-1979). Today, a Model 99M1 in excellent condition could be worth about $100-$150. Hope this helps!

Steve Mace

MatthewM

Steven,

Thanks very much for your prompt and thorough reply.

Is there any way to buy any parts for it?
I see that a piece of plastic something like a bolt buffer is about to go. Also, the butt plate is missing a large chunk.

Matt.

-
It adds a new look to our armory and so many thanks to my customer for so quickly and easilly donating it toward teaching the uninformed about firearms.

Mike601

i1287453_untitled.JPG
[/URL] for sale $60

Last edited:

j3hill

Old thread indeed, but now days that 99M1 is about 300.00
For some reason .22 rifles have jumped up in price. Not the crappy new chicom and cricket crap, but good old American rifles that are more than ..let's say 20 years old or better.
I have a 99M1
Winchester 581
and a Marlin 795
If I remember right I did not pay more than 75.00 for each new.
HPIM1563.jpg

HPIM1562.jpg

HPIM1564.jpg

danmax

Marlin Model 99 (A1)

Hi everyone, I was wondering about getting some information on my Marlin Model 99. As usual, it says: Your looking at the side of the barrel in this order.

"The Marlin Firearms Co. New Haven, Conn, USA
Model 99 Auto-Micro-Groove Barrel-Cal .22 LR" "A1"

So from this information I guess I have a A1 rifle... I'd love to be able to date this little guy but that's all I have to go with....

I'll post a picture if I have to but if anyone out there who knows a bit about this model, please post it. I think I bought it at a garage sale back in about 1996-1997.
This was a bundle sale with a Mossberg 500K 5 shot pump 12 gauge & paid $175.00 total so if I remember correctly I ended up getting the .22 cal for $50.00. At any rate I think I got them for a good price. They're both in good shape. My Belgium Browning A5 is nice but I do like the Mossberg Pump.
Thanks in advance, danmax

Last edited: