Marlin Glenfield 30A question

Doug S

Hi All,

My 14 year old son recently decided that he wanted to go hunting. I myself haven't hunted since 1995. In the interim I had sold off most of my hunting rifles. Well, the two of us recently took our hunter safety course, and I gave him my old Sears 20 guage, and Marlin 22 for squirrel hunting (picked up a new H&R Pardner for myself). Well, he liked squirrel hunting so much that he wants to give deer hunting a try, and so I had to find a deer rifle. I didn't want to put a lot of money into it right now, and was happy to pick up a decent condition Marlin Glenfield 30A for $200. The gun has been well used, but appears to be in good condition overall. The gun came with a Williams peep site on it, and a fiber optic front site. Anyway, I have a couple of questions. 1) I'd like to pick up a set of the original sights (just to have them). Also, the top receiver screws where you would mount a scope are missing. I'd also like to pick a set of those up to fill in the screw holes on the top of the receiver. Can someone point me in the right direction as to where I might order these parts? 2) I'm not sure how many rounds the magazine tube holds. Can someone tell me how many rounds this rifle holds?

Thanks for any and all info. Looking forward to taking this out to the range this week, and seeing how well it shoots. I've not used a Williams peep before, but I think I'm going to like it. Forgot to mention, 1975 vintage.

Doug S

Thanks for the quick responses.

I'll give Brownells a look. I had looked at Midway and they were out of the parts.

The gun has the full length magazine tube, so 6 rounds it is.

Thanks again.