Marlin Camp 9 Magazine Options

predecessor

Recently picked up a brand NIB Marlin Camp 9 and I love it. With the cost of ammo rising these days it might be a good idea for Marlin to try their luck at the 9mm carbine market again because I bet there are others who, like me, would choose a Marlin over a Hi-Point, Kel-Tec, Beretta, or Ruger (discontinued as well).

Anyway, as I understand it, the Camp 9 will handle certain S&W pistol mags as well. If you have a Camp 9 (or happen to be sagely in all things Marlin) what non-Marlin mags have you found to work in your rifle?

10-96

You're gonna love that critter! The onliest drawback is that it shoots kinda dirty and one should be careful upon re-assembly to avoid bending up the bolt lock lever spring.

Yes, you can use S&W 59 series magazines. I bought several 15 rounders... until I did some digging and found some 30rnd stick mags from CDNN.

It sounds like a crazy idea, but I came across a diamond reticle shotgun scope on the cheap and ended up putting it on the Camp 9. Talk about a quick pickup carbine! For yotes and wild dogs- if it ends up in the diamond- it's almost guaranteed to be a kill shot!

The only thing I did as far as improvement was to slather the under-metal areas of the stock with Tung oil for a little weather proofing or moisture resistance. Yours may be properly sealed in there, I don't know- but, a guy I work with has one that's just 500-600 higher in serial numbers and it looks like it was sufficiently sealed at the factory.

Oh, and short of fine stoning- there isn't just a whole lot you can do to improve that near awful trigger pull. I would have thought to change angles and shorten contact point areas- but I fear the hardening would be woefully thin and doing so would cause advanced wear leading to total failure. It's a dandy little rifle that's logged quite a few miles with me so far. Enjoy!

A problem/weak point, in the .45's at least, was the recoil buffer. Stock up or get a more durable one.
Congrats on your new carbine. Lucky to find one NIB after they've been OOP so long, not to mention being so fun to shoot. I've always wanted one in .45 but they cost significantly more than 'Ninas' and are harder to find nowdays. You see more with Bullpups than the factory stock.
This thing cries for a red dot. Truglo or something.

10/96 What is the make/model of your scope? Sounds good...compact dimensions? What power?

You can get decent quality aftermarkets in 15, 20, and 30 rd. capacities. Always nice to have a few 30 rounders for any carbine or pistol if possible.

10-96

Well, I don't remember what model it is- it does not say on the scope. But, it's a Bushnell 1.75x4 shotgun scope. It's 10 1/8" long, 1" tube, 1 1/2" ocular AND objective bell.

I never had much of a hankerin for a red dot or one of those reflex / holographic- or whatever they're called. But I'm sure there's some real dandy ones out there.

ISC

.351winchester said:
You see more with Bullpups than the factory stock.

I've never seen one in a bullpup stock. I've owned 2 and seen several others for sale used at various shops in the area. Maybe they just never sold many bullpup stocks in the South.