Marlin 80 22lr??

seansean1444

Hey guys just picked up a marlin 80 22lr for 80 bucks and its in great condition. I know nothing about these rifles but for the price I knew I couldn't go wrong. Anybody else have one or have any experience with one?

Jbotto

You did well! I've bought 2 Glenfield 25's which are (I believe) the newer version of the 80... And both of those were between $100 and $150. I recognize the Model 80 as they use the same magazine as my Glenfields! If yours shoots as well as both of mine do, you're in for a good time! Enjoy!

candr44

$80 for a working model 80 is a bargain. You can't go wrong at that price and condition.

I have a model 81, the tube magazine version of the model 80. I also have the Glenfield model 25, which is the same thing as the Marlin 81. Marlin and Glenfield made these rifles for a long time. They are all good rifles and there are plenty of parts and magazines available for them.

seansean1444

Still waiting for a chance to shoot it 22lr is almost impossible to find right now. Put about 10 through it for a function test and worked perfect. Hopefully going to shoot it on paper soon

Tuzo

Last year I bought a Model 80 for $100. !940 to 1952 vintage in very good condition with original finish and parts. The metal has a beautiful patina that shows graceful aging. Walnut stock has minor dings. It is not a candidate for refinishing because it would lose its charm and history if made to look like new. Love the older 22s. Will add an original aperture sight if one was available at a reasonable price.

You own a very good rifle. Shoots short, long, and long rifle equally well and accurately.