Marlin 795 Review

SONICMASD

MARLIN 795 .22LR

I was looking for an affordable but reliable .22 for plinking and small game hunting and came across the semi-automatic Marlin 795. The gun features a black synthetic stock which keeps the weight down to just 4.5lbs, you can carry this thing all day and not get tired. A ten round magazine and iron sites come standard.
I purchased a 550 round box of Federal .22LR from Walmart for just over $8 and have currently fired about 300 rounds of it without a single failure of any kind. The gun is a dream to shoot: light, accurate, reliable, and I find the trigger pull to be very pleasing. Often I hear complaints about .22 triggers and how they seem like they are 10+ lbs, well not on the 795; a light squeeze is all that’s needed.
Now, Marlin has a model called the 7000 that is nearly identical to the 795 except it has a heavier target barrel and comes with no iron sights, but I wasn’t looking for a .22 to mount a scope on or be extremely accurate at a 100 yards. If that’s what you’re looking for then check out the 7000.
As for the 705, the only real problem is that there are no aftermarket companies that make high capacity magazines for any Marlin firearms. It would be nice to have a 25 round mag like a 10-22 but if that’s the biggest complaint that I can come up with then Marlin has done a great job.
I paid $120 total for my NIB 795 from Davidson’s Gallery of Guns (www.galleryofguns.com). So if you’re looking for a quality plinker and fun .22LR to shoot, or even that first gun for your child, I highly recommend the Marlin 795.

marlin795.jpg

HaiSpeedShooter

well dang

everyone including you must be the lucky ones because the one i recently bought had a problem from the get-go..it would fail to feed the last round..then me being a DIY guy i messed with the magazine thinking it was too tight made it even worse..failure to feed..stovepipes..man..it's been a crazy headache shooting this thing..i have to say most of the problems were with bulk ammo but even with the more expensive stuff i still had magazine problems..hopefully a new one will fix it and i'll get to enjoy the same pleasure you guys get from shooting the 795...by the way..did you put a scope on it yet and if so how'd you fix the walking scope?i'm thinking of drilling a hole in the reciever and putting a screw with washer to make a scope stop....*edit* p.s. the trigger is in no way as light as you described..it's around 8-9lbs easy..maybe down to 6-7 after a few hundred rounds..and that's still hard..and my god..the damn creep...haha..