Marlin 795 Charging Handle Mods..?

GunXpatriot

So one of my complains about the Marlin 795 in everyday use, is that the charging handle is pretty tiny, and it's awkward to grab onto. Hell, use the gun enough in an outing, and you'll probably have a blister. I can live with. It's one of my favorite guns. But it's also one of those things I'd improve if I could.

One that I found looked like this, but is no longer available.. It'd probably be my first choice overall.

100_1744.jpg

And then the option of literally sticking a .45 ACP case over the thing.

60-Base.jpg

And lastly, the DIProducts handle, which is just a total replacement of the original, though they do have one that is extended and matches the original style..

https://www.diproductsinc.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1208816&CAT=3603

Have you guys found any other options? Also, if any of you have used the DI Products handle, did it cause malfunctions due to extra weight, etc?

g.willikers

There's going to be quite a few folks with similar rifles who didn't realize they needed one of those until now.
Including me.
Thanks for the tip.

Scorch

NNNaaaahh

Looks more like an answer looking for a question. I mean, really? How many times do you rack the bolt when shooting?

g.willikers

^^^
With an autoloader, every time it runs dry, whether or not if the bolt locks back on the last round.
Sweaty summers can make it worse.
More so if there's a fat scope in the way.
I seldom bother with adding accessories, but that one looks promising.
Those little rimfire charging handles can be hard to find, sometimes.

upstate81

Big fan

I have 5 Ruger 10/22's 3 of them have aftermarket extended bolt handles. They are extremely helpful, especially with a scope mounted. The original handle kind of hides under the scope in some cases.