marlin 60 vs marlin 795

horatioo

I bought a marlin 60 about a month ago and really like it. Today I went to Cabela's to price a marlin 795. I did not plan on buying one at all, but they had a special until 12:00, selling them for $120 with $20 rebate, so basically for $100. I bought one. Does it shoot just as accurate as the model 60? Is it going to be as dependable? Which is the better 22?

Thanks

223 shooter

Best way to determine that is to shoot it!:D Basically the same rifle with the exception of the feed system. I like the look of the 60 since there is no magazine protrusion. But a $100 for a new rifle - that is hard to beat!

rantingredneck

I woulda bought one for 100.00!

A fellow who works for me has a daughter that just joined her High School shooting team (yeah I was surprised those still existed too). He purchased a NIB 795 from a local gunshop for 180.00 I believe and this was someone he knew and got a deal from. Her rifle has been performing admirably from his reports.

Good score on your part......

I have a 60 I've had for 26 years and a 75 I just bought a couple years ago used. It's a 1974 vintage itself. Both very good shooters.

horatioo

Good score on your part......

They are regularly $150 at Cabelas. The rebate offer is good through April 30th, so you can buy one for $120 after rebate at Cabelas for another 2 months. The rebate is through Marlin so you dont have to buy it at Cabelas.

Good luck on finding one if you want one.

Horatio