Marlin 60 or 795?

idek

I'm just curious as to what people's impressions are regarding these two rimfire rifles. Most comments I've seen about both of them are very positive, but I'm wondering if one has an edge over the other.

What I know so far about the differences....

- the 795 uses removable mags while the 60 has a tube mag. I don't a strong preference there. I like the look of the tube mag better and I believe it has 14-shot capacity vs. 10 in the 795, but I suppose removable mags are more convenient in some ways.

- the 795 is listed 4.5 pounds and the 60 is listed at 5.5. Does one seem to handle better than the other? I'd guess I'd prefer the heavier one, but my mind isn't set on it.

Any comments on those considerations?

Is there any noticeable difference in accuracy or reliability?

The prices seem similar enough that it wouldn't be a big deciding factor.

I have the 795, and...

- I don't have to put my hand in front of the muzzle when I reload
- I can do a magazine switch a hell of a lot faster and safer then a tube reload.
- It's awesome

Mals9

I have Model 60 and a Model 70, the 795's daddy. They are both good shooters but I do perfer the removable magazine, that is just my personal preference. The 60 is scoped with a bipod and the 70 has peep sights and I prefer the open sights better, again that is just me. I don' think you could go wrong with either. Go look at both and see how they fit you and if you like the feel and look of the wood or the composite stock.

Mals

jmortimer

I have had two 795s for over 10 years and really like them and the removable magazine. No FTF ot FTE and for around $100.00 very accurate. Would like to add a few more so people who visit can have their own guns to load and shoot.

InTheCountry

I own a marlin 60 and I myself do prefer a magazine compared to a tube, but I like the tube it looks good. I like the dovetail ( im not sure if thats the word ) scope mounts so I can use my scope and or the iron sights. I was on point at 100 yards plus shooting 12 oz bottles. I do wish it had come with sling attachments. I dont know if this is a factor or just the way it is, but the guts inside of it have a lot of plastic in them. Also the action is kinda hard to clean and get to.

Scorpion8

I bought the son a Marlin 60C for his 9th birthday and we've been having a blast with it, taching him to use iron sights and safe firearms. For his 10th birthday he gets a scope, and some serious squirrel hunting. The Model 60C is a fabulous firearm.

LukeA

I think the reason the 60 has no sling hardware is that the wood in the forend is too thin for Marlin to screw a stud in because of the wood.

The Marlin 60 and 795 are are like a car and a station wagon built from the same platform. There's nothing empirically better or worse about either. You just buy the one you want.

Personally I prefer the tube and the wood stock of the 60 but I still recommend the 795 all the time because it's a little cheaper.