marlin 444

dabigguns357

I have had several marlins over the years but today i was offered a 444 marlin lnib for $275.00.I am wondering if will be worth buying for this years deer hunting.I already have a 12 gauge rifled slug gun that i've used for the last few years.What do ya'll think

Ruger4570

I would tend to prefer a 45-70,,, but, a 444 is good for just about anything in North America. Not a bad price either.

Saint Dennis

I like mine, but I handload. Only one factory load other than leverevolution and the old microgroove barrels won't shoot them.

dabigguns357

I have seen the gun and looks great,he only fired a box of ammo threw it.He told me that in order to buy a new gun he really wants his wife makes him get rid of one his old ones.:eek:I think i hear the bank calling me for a withdraw:DNow that i'm going to buy the gun what type of ammo should i use and should i put a scope on it?I saw the post about handloading but i don't have all equippment yet and i say yet.

3StrikesNC

Stong rifle.

Good for deer hiding behind trees. I plan on using mine this deer season for the first time. Ballard rifling.

Shoots very accurate, ought to be a blast.