Marlin .35 Remington lever model 336RC

ostrobothnian

I have a line on an old lever action Marlin chambered in .35 Remington that is in excellent shape. The rifle dates at 1964.

Any of you fellas have experience with this rifle/round?

Thanks in advance for any guidance you might offer.

Last edited:

Abel

I have a bunch of use with this round and this carbine. The 336 is the best leveraction ever as far as I'm concerned. The 336 is easy to take apart and clean, they're accurate to 1MOA in many cases, and its easy to mount a scope on the solid receiver-top. And the 35 remington is the perfect round for black bear, hogs, and deer out to about 200 yards. I have been using my 336 in 35 way more than my 308 Remington bolt action recently. The 336 just carries better in one hand due to the slim profile and I like it better for some reason. It has serious MOJO.

Last edited:

champ198

My nephew has the 336 in 35 Rem. was his dads for years and its a great round. gun shoots great.
as far as the 35 Rem round goes all together we have 3 in our family....for a deer hunting round they are a deadly round.great shorter distance round if your shooting less than 200

Loader9

I collect the Marlin 336 model SC's and have a few in 35 Remington. The SC has the Ballard rifling versus microgroove. The one you're looking at just might be pre microgroove. One of them I have, I have used in old style lever action rifle matches and it's a near one hole shooter at 100 yds- a very accurate shooter. All of the others will shoot under an inch with the right handloads. Despite what you might hear, they will shoot the heavy bullets of 250grs- at least all of my SCs will. As far as price, because I already have all of the chamberings and am just looking for something better than what I have, I don't give much for one. I'd suggest checking at Auction Arms and see what they are SELLING for, not what some of the fools out there are asking. There will be different models and that's important in the pricing so find out which one it is. The SC's have been bringing more money. SC means Sporting Carbine and is the short tube carbine version of the Marlin. The pre 64 should have a walnut stock on it, not a white birch stock stained walnut.

Abel

The SC has the Ballard rifling versus microgroove.

Only the very early versions. The 336SC's made after 1955 had micrgroove barrels.

http://www.leverguns.com/articles/fryxell/microgrove-barrels.htm

The pre 64 should have a walnut stock on it, not a white birch stock stained walnut.

There has never been a 336RC model made with birch. The birch stocks are only found on the Marlin 30W, the 336W, some 336A models, the 30TK, and all Glenfield versions of the 336.

ostrobothnian

DSC01001.jpg

DSC01027.jpg

DSC01020.jpg

My friend is asking $275. Good deal?

Apparently it does have the micro groove barrel.