Marlin 336

T-Ray

What do you guys have mounted on your marlin 336's? i'm thinkin of putting a scope on mine but don't want to pay very much.

Deaf Smith

Get a short scope. If variable power a 2x-5x or something like that. Tasco makes a good one.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/tasco-15-45x32-worldclass.html is a mighty good one.

Parallax is set for 75 yards, which considering most shots will be inside 150 yards, that ain't bad (real 'deer scopes' are set for 100 yards, so no big deal.)

or Bushnell

http://www.binocularsdirect.com/Bushnell_Rifle_Scopes/dprfmzmyrgp.html

Not bad either!

Oh, and my first 5 deer were killed with a 336 30/30 using a Bushnell 2.5 x fixed powered scope. Real fine for fast moving shots. My furthest kill with that gun was 265 yards, one shot, using that very gun and scope.

Still I'd pick a variable now that they are reliable enough.

RedneckFur

I have a Simmons prohunter 3x9 on mine, and it does just fine :D I hunt with it on 3, and use higher powers at the range.

Full-choke

My brother has a Bushnell Sportview 3-9 on his. It does the trick, but it definitely ain't anything spectacular. I would look into a nice low power, smaller objective Leupold. I don't care who you are, but that gold ring just looks good a top any gun.

F-C

rugerfreak

You can get everything from Walmart----I got the Weaver one piece base and rings---and Leupold 2x7x33 there.

Have since changed the rings to Leupold QRW's.

Rmstn1580

You can get everything from Walmart----I got the Weaver one piece base and rings---and Leupold 2x7x33 there.

Are you kidding me!? In California most of them don't even sell guns any more.

TPAW

i'm thinkin of putting a scope on mine but don't want to pay very much.

I would go with a 3x9x40. Much depends on the terrain your hunting. There are times when I have 200 yard shots and it's nice to be able to zoom in, identify your target, and make a clean kill. How much is very much?

essexcounty

My Marlin wears a 21/2 Leupold and I consider that set up ideal. In an inexpensive scope try a 4X bushnell Sportsman. I can't see a variable for this application....Essex

T-Ray

well i'm really not sure but, call me a cheapscape, i think i want to spend less than 50 bucks. i'm not even sure i'm going to put something on it cause i'm pretty good with open sights. i might just replace the sights with fiber optics. shots would be 100 yds max.

FirstFreedom

Yeaaah, if your choices are "under $50 scope" or iron sights, I'd run with irons.

If you had said "under $80", I might recommend a Bushnell Banner 1.5-4x32 or 2-7x32. A Tasco World Class 3-9x40 would set you back $60 or $70 if you could swing that, and would likely work ok (for awhile). You still have the cost of mount & rings though on top.

T-Ray

ya i can go that much, but now that i put it in my head, i'll probable just put some good fiber optics on there

dfloomis

Cabelas has a scope for $99 that is set for the Leverevolution ammo, and includes bullet drop marks up to 300 yds. I am considering getting one for my 336.