Marlin 1894cb

Ralph Allen

Thought this would be a great fun gun , so I ordered one from my local dealer in 45 colt. I reload, so price of ammo was not a problem. What a FUN gun!! Loaded up some 255 grain +P ammo this afternoon, took the gun, ammo, (stock & +P), and my oldest 16 yr old twin daughter out to the range tonight. Had a blast! Daughter likes it also. Have some 350 grain Cor-Bon ammo, but haven't shot any of this yet. Bought an 1985cb in 45-70 a couple of months ago also. Another fun gun. Going to load up some 500 grain ammo for this one. Both guns are 10+1 on capacity. Lots of lead going down range on both of these guns! Kind of like I've got twin Coupe de Ville slayers in my stable! Next gun? Probably another CZ.
Ralph

bobn

i would skip the hi zoot ammo in the 45 colt. the marlin action is plenty strong but the diameter of the barrel is really thin at the reciever threads. i shoot wuss loads in mine. fwiw bobn.

Swampghost

I have one in .44 Mag and it's sweet out to 100 yds. Dial in on YOUR loads. Some ying-yang suggested .44 specials and it took us a while to figure out that they were hitting 18" low @ 100 yds.

Congrat's and have fun!

Wleoff

I've shot a Marlin 1894CB in 45 Colt in SASS since 1996 with no problems. I've also shot 325 grain Buffalo Bore rounds through it for years. Good hunting round. BOBn must be thinking about a Colt SA. The Marlin will safely shoot any 45 Colt round that is commercially available.