Marlin 1894 CST

PatientWolf

I was wondering if any one has seen one in the wild or has Seen any update.

It has been too quiet about these an I am worried Marlin is going to pull the rug out once again. I did see on Marlin’s Facebook page where they have it in a voting bracket. I’m hoping they are not still double thinking it and there’s a risk they won’t launch.

I have already told my LGS owner I will take one as soon as he can find one, but so far the distributors are telling him there is radio silence on this one except that it is listed and they have a price for it if it ever starts shipping.

I’m even holding off re-barreling a Browning B-92 to make sure I have the cash available if he calls me.

PatientWolf

I'm well aware of not using Facebook as a primary source and aware of Marlin's website.

They've had that on their website for nearly 3 months, but still not delivering it. What some companies do is use FB as a poll of interest.

The question was is anyone aware of Marlin actually shipping these? This is especially relevant in regards to Marlin's history of showing items they never ship.

jmr40

$1,154.00 MSRP. Facebook isn't where you look.

And that wasn't the question.

Sorry, but I can't be of any help. It wouldn't be the 1st time a manufacturer listed something and never produced it. I think that now is a good time for niche guns like that. Manufacturers are doing more of that in order to sell guns in a shrinking market. But if the niche is too small to make a profit the idea may get shelved.

imp

I've emailed Marlin about it a couple times, and always get promised that it's going to hit the market soon....

I don't think it's a niche market either, although I suspect that Henry has taken quite a bit of the market share while Remington has been dragging their feet.