Marlin 1894 357 mag

kenny53

I bought my Marlin must be close to 20 years ago. I had a little trouble working the lever every since I owned the gun. I figured it just needed to break in a bit. Over the years it got worse and worse. I pretty much left in the safe. I finally called Marlin customer service. Sent the gun in for inspection and repair. It took about 6 weeks to get my gun back. Paperwork said the carrier was broken. They replaced the carrier with a "upgraded carrier and upgraded lever". Went to the range yesterday ran about 60 rounds of 38's and 357's through the gun. It worked perfect. Anyway that's my story.

ice monkey

That’s awesome! 20 years later you got the .357 you’d always been looking for.

I hope you enjoy it. Thanks for sharing. I’ll note that when things aren’t going right - have em fixed.

kenny53

TJB101: It would lock up, you could get it into battery if you really forced it. Some guys tried it and couldn't work the action.

jstanfield103

Kenny
You must be a very patient person. I could have never waited that long to enjoy the rifle. Plus one for the new Marlin company fixing that old of a rifle. Congratulations on the rifle being fixed, and a very good story.
Enjoy.

Last edited:

bamaranger

Marlin

I bought a Marlin .357 (w/o the safety button) just after the models WITH the safety button, hit the market. Likely sometime in the early 80's.

I have shot the snot out of that little carbine with all sorts of ammo, to include a lot of +P+ .38spl 110 JHP's, which did not group so well, but was adequate for groundhogs in high clover to about 50 yds or so. At some point, 5-6 years down the road, I think it was the ejector broke. Marlin sold me new one for peanuts, and threw in a lever retention screw at my request for free, as I had foolishly burred the original one with improper screw drivers.