Mark one off the list ... Ruger LCP purchase

DarthTedd

Today while hitting my favorite shop/range I found they had a Ruger LCP in stock (they had the LCR too ... crazy/odd/cool). I've wanted the LCP for a while so I figured "what the hell".

Price @ $329 + tax
Ammo - They only had one box of WWB. Cost ... $29.99 (yea, I cried)
Post recall model

I probably should have waited but I tend to be a person that gets in line for the hype.

I'll have pictures in the next few days.

Now my next step is whether or not to sell my Kel-tec P32.

By the way, I always like to share funny customer sayings over heard in the shop. Today, a customer was standing at the Glock counter & says to his buddy "If I wanted a plastic gun I'd go to Walmart". I LOL'd inside.

Last edited:

DarthTedd

A few carry items

lcp_1.jpg

lcp_2.jpg

chilie23

Very Nice! I like the pictures ! I know this is where I'm supposed to harrague you for a range report, but 380 being as scarce as they are, hold onto those and try to buddy up with a guy who rolls his own

txstang84

Just showing my ignorance with reloading specifics here: Can you take a 9mm Luger casing, cut and size it to fit in a .380?

I know you can take a 9mm Luger casing, cut to length, size it, and drop in a 9mm Makarov projo (.365" diameter), then fireform it for use in a Makarov...not the best way obviously, but it does work safely.

DarthTedd

I know this is where I'm supposed to harrague you for a range report, but 380 being as scarce as they are, hold onto those and try to buddy up with a guy who rolls his own

No kidding! I'll see about shooting a few here & there & then report back.

coyote0130

I pick up a lcp last May at a gun show before they were hard to get paid 275 new for it . I got a good deal on it and yes i love it

KyJim

Congratulations on your new purchase. I understand exactly how you feel. When the LCPs first came out, my favorite gun store had a large waiting list for them and I've never seen one in stock at any of the local stores. Then, a few days ago, I saw a few in a store in another town which just arrived. I didn't hesitate.

Graham88

Congratulation

Mine is with me all the time...

Hope you enjoy it!!

Also if you get a chance i would love to hear what you think about the LCP compared to Kel-tec ??

Last edited:

earlthegoat2

With the purchase of an LCP I would definitely sell the 32. Not yet though as ammo is still available for that one.

I like my gun collection streamlined with little overlap though so maybe you may want to keep the 32.

KyJim

I would keep the .32 if you like it. I've sold or traded exactly 3 guns in my lifetime. Two of them I didn't like. The third was when I needed some cash. It doesn't hurt to have an option if the new pistol needs service, gets stolen, etc.

Kreyzhorse

Ammo - They only had one box of WWB. Cost ... $29.99 (yea, I cried)

I hope those were tears of joy! .380 is hard to find and with the prices I've seen on some of it, $29 is a bargain.

Congrats on the LCP.

DarthTedd

I finally got to take the LCP out to the range this weekend. I'd fired one before so I knew it wasn't the most comfortable thing to shoot. Couple that w/ the high cost of ammo & I only put 4 mags thru it (2 mags Federal JHP's & 2 maps of WWB).

It preformed well with zero issues. As for the accuracy, it was better than I thought (even w/ with my mediocre shooting skills). In this picture I fired 2 mags, or 12 rounds, & missed low on the first 3 rounds. The 12 rounds were fired under control but with a little added pace for real world feel.

55b7aadc97e441608e0aa25e9e8f3b43.jpg

fprintf

@ 25 feet I have been putting all the rounds on my buddy's LCP through the 9 and 10 ring. The gun is quite accurate for what it is, and once you get used to the "bite" and learn not to flinch it simply points in the right direction. I am not the best shooter but I find this gun is just natural and extremely accurate. I don't get it but all the holes end up grouping in a 2 inch diameter circle.

I know, pics or it didn't happen... somewhere I have a video me shooting it. Here is my buddy shooting his own gun:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sz-_P3-RMs&feature=related