Marine Corps select Wyoming plant as exclusive combat magazine manufacturer

kraigwy

We made the news.http://trib.com/business/marine-cor...cle_b4ba29a4-513b-5f48-90d2-c20789b0f905.html

Magpul is headquartered in Austin, Texas, but moved its manufacturing facilities to Cheyenne last year.

The Marine Corps announced that Magpul had been selected as the new supplier of combat magazines on Dec. 16, according to a company statement.

The Magpul magazines I've used have proven to be quite reliable, apparently I'm not the only one who thinks so.

Magpul left an un-gun-friendly state to find a state more friendly to their product last year, and it would be hard to find a more gun friendly state then Wyoming.

This move apparently has turned out to be a benefit to both Magpul and Wyoming.

I figure what's good for the Marines would be good for me (and my state). I guess I need more magazines.

Technosavant

Good for Magpul. They make excellent products at very reasonable prices. While I'm still a fan of GI style aluminum magazines (albeit with the Magpul follower), I also believe that Pmags are a safe, reliable, and overall great choice.

Good for Wyoming that they celebrate successful businesses instead of driving them out.

BarryLee

Good for Magul they made the decision to move their firearms related business from an anti-gun State and hopefully they’ll continue to prosper. Also, good news for Wyoming and Texas hopefully continued success will bring more jobs and taxes to the State Treasury.

Sevens

At this time I wouldn't say that I need more rifle magazines, but I would say the market needs more Magpul and the USA needs more Marines.

I like this a lot and I loved the trip I took to Wyoming. My kind of America.

SPEMack618

And once again the Jarheads are doing something better than the Army.

I wonder if I can apply for an interservice transfer?

SauerGrapes

Does the wind ever stop blowing there? I spent 2 months a couple winters back driving a 18 wheeler on I-80 back and forth a dozen times. The wind just never seemed to stop. Love the state, hated the wind.....lol