Marble's rear sight on a 10/22?

Regolith

Will Marble's carbine-style rear sights fit on a 10/22? I have a similar rear sight (except normal length) on a different .22 and I really like them, so I was thinking about getting another to replace the crappy factory rear sight on my 10/22.

If it does fit, would it be necessary to replace the front sight too, or would it work with the factory one?

PetahW

The Ruger has a standard 3/8" female dovetail in the barrel, the same size as the male dovetail on that Marble's sight - so it should fit, albeit with maybe some slight fitting needed.

Although the Ruger's not listed as befitting, if you install the Marble's, then target the rifle, you'll soon find out if the rifle will zero with the issue height front sight blade, which is easy enough to swap out for one taller/shorter.

Pahoo

A better mouse trap.

replace the crappy factory rear sight on my 10/22.
Wow, if you don't like this sight and still want the open sight, why not go to a peep sight that would be better than the Marbles. ... :confused:

As usual, your money and your call. ..... ;)

Be Safe !!!

saltydog452

aftermarket sights and declining vision sharpness on irons

I replaced my 10-22 Rifle and Carbine sights with units from reputable companies that were advertised to 'fit'.

They did fit as advertised. Fact is, they didn't have the same inpact location as the originals. It was necessary to mix and match in order to get the aiming point to match the hit area. Shipping cost was more costly than buying cost of various sight height sights of the same model.

It was pretty much the same journey with the Marlin 39 with 66MC and 17AHB sight combination.

Both journeys were fun but were somewhat frustrating and educational.

salty

Regolith

Wow, if you don't like this sight and still want the open sight, why not go to a peep sight that would be better than the Marbles. ...

Because I'm used to that style of rear sight. Pretty much all the rifles I shot when I was growing up that had iron sights up were semi-buckhorn style. Because of this I find it to be much faster to use than a peep-sight, which I'm not used to, and is accurate enough in the ranges that I use a .22 rifle (I rarely shoot farther than 50 yards with a .22) to make the speed tradeoff of the peep sight not worth it.

Also, it's much cheaper than any decent peep sights I can find on the market, even if I have to change out the front sight too, and my 10/22 is stock so it isn't a target rifle anyway.