Many Failed to Feeds

Shorts

Went out to the range with the Ruger .22 and my Cheetah 86. This time around I had a bunch of failed to feeds (on both guns), but what bugged me most was the Cheetah. I was shooting Remington UMC FMJs which I've already put 2 other boxes through without any hitches. I had at least one stovepipe per 2 mags, sometimes one per :EEK!: The gun was fresh clean and oiled, I just can't figure out why that much trouble this round.

BTW, it was a blah day of shooting, I just plain couldn't hit the side of a barn. Could it have just been Murphy's Law finishing off the fine marksmanship of mine??? Or is there a fix? (and don't say buy another gun) :rolleyes:

theberettaman

My tip up 86 get's cranky every once in a while too.It usually happens after a box or so.I usually just run a bore snake thru it a couple of times and it clears up.I talked to Beretta and found out that it's because it doesn't have an extractor like the other 80 series Beretta's do.It's just getting reisdue built up in the chamber and it's hard for the recoil action to eject the caseing with just it's force.
Still a neat little pistol! :)

Shorts

The gun now has 400 rounds through it (counting today's box). Since then the DA trigger has smoothed out a bit. I've been practice firing on snap caps as much as I can. It's a great little gun, which is one reason I'm surprised at today's results.

Ozzieman

Could be lots of things.

Bad batch of ammo to way to much oil in the gun.
I have had people show me Marks II's that would function and one of the reasions was WAY to much oil and they were gumming up.
I oil mine heavy when I put it away and then wipe is all down before shooting, including running a dry patch through it several times.

Jeff22

Make sure you don't have any oil in the chamber.

Oil in the chamber can make the case stick upon extraction.