Man, The Shop Owner Isnt Making Things Any Easier! (Semi Auto Content-1911)

TriggerFingers

today i go into the local range/shop and put 100 rounds through my H&K .45 USPc and i was pretty content......i like that little gun.....its tough as a mule and really thumps out those 230 grain loads

after i get done shooting i start browsing around the gunshop i told the guy id like a nice trap gun or perhaps a 1911 type semi auto in .45......

man....
i found some kimbers that were nice.....some para's that felt good and a dan wesson all in .45 acp......so i dont have the cash......i dont buy anything....

then he made things really hard on me......

he said i could put it on layaway....and im thinking 30 days.....yeah i still dont have the cash........then he says i can have up to a 6 month layaway if i chose.....just so long as i brought some money in each month it didnt matter......i kept calm......sheesh......now what should i buy? id like a nice 1911 full size or mid size or a shotgun....or both! i bought my first handgun from this guy......and now he tells me that he can do a 6 month layaway!!!!

which 1911 would be my best bet for 1000 or under......ive heard nothing but great things about kimbers.......what should i do......

any advice on a nice full size .45 ACP 1911 would be great,
thanks,
TF

TriggerFingers

the tough part for me is....they all felt great......

i have shot a kimber pro carry II in .45 ACP before and liked it alot.......i chose the H&K USPc .45 over it though.......but i just might have to go back and look at that one again.......along with its larger frame siblings too....

decisions decisions.......

airman

my momma always said....

yeah i got that pitch the other day after shooting at the range...i just so happened that i had asked to look at a full size kimber eclpise, o man have i got it bad for one of these..im in loveeee.... :D but my momma always said dont buy anything if you dont have the $ to pay for it right there. You never know whats gunna happen in the next few months. save up for it..then buy it you will apreciate it much much more...goodluck

airman...of the crew chief type

carolinaflats

Go ahead and get a fullsize(5in barrel) Kimber. You have the HK if you carry, a fullsize 1911 is a blast at the range. I recently got a fullsize Springfield 1911 and it has become my favorite shooter over both my HK and sig.

johndavid400

no experience with Kimbers or Colt 1911's, but I recently bought a Para Ordnance P13-45 and have had nothing but good shooting out of it. I havent had any jams and it is very accurate. I wouldn't hesitate to get another.

sageowl

Another vote for the Kimber, make sure you get something other than plain iron sights. Also second not buying it until you have the money in-hand. Good way to keep out of debt.

perception

Don't buy until the money is in hand. I am a college student currently trying to swim out of the MASSIVE debt I built up my first couple of years. Its gonna take a while. Don't ever buy anything you don't have the money for immediately.

Seraph

Kimber apparently has problems with their external extractors. I understand they've redesigned it 3 times already. In your shoes, I'd get a Springfield or a Colt. My tastes are simple. Colt "NRM" Series 80, blued, would pull my trigger, and vice~versa.

Seraph

My Springfield 1911's are essentially "Series 70"-type guns, and they run trouble-free. I'd actually prefer a Colt Series 70 over the Colt Series 80, but they are even harder to find, and more expensive.

ATW525

Don't buy until the money is in hand. I am a college student currently trying to swim out of the MASSIVE debt I built up my first couple of years. Its gonna take a while. Don't ever buy anything you don't have the money for immediately.

Nonsense! Dept is the American way! Just look at the government for an example ;)

After all, the point of going to college is to get that good job that lets you continue to pile yourself into further debt.

i found some kimbers that were nice.....some para's that felt good and a dan wesson all in .45 acp

Is that a full sized Dan Wesson? I've wanted one of thier bobtailed Commanders, though I'd prefer it in 10mm. It just seems like it would make a nice carry piece for about half the price of an Ed Brown Kobra Carry.

crossline65

colt 45 series 70

i just got a colt 45 series 70, it says colt competition on the slide and colt series 70 engraved on the barrel. I have 3 diff. magazine, colt, mc cormick and a star. After just about I finished a 50 rnd box it star to jammed. As soon as I finished 1 mag I insert a new mag and flip the catch release, to my surprised the hammer went half cocked. I tried all my magazine, but It dont do me any good. A lot of times a new round was already in the breach and the spent shell failed to eject. Any advise before I take this to an armorer? thanks.

jonathon

If it was a rare deal or a hard to find piece.. putting it on layaway wouldn't be a bad idea.

But for an average priced Kimber or Colt? :confused:

Top_Notch

I'll have to agree with this sentiment. Only pay cash for depreciating assets. Don't argue that the gun may increase in value either, as in general, they don't. As someone else stated, it's not the 'American way' but it is the fiscally responsible way.

If you had to choose I'd go Colt or Springfield.