Man pulls gun out of ---- and shoots at police

Status
Not open for further replies.

KyJim

Yep, the guy arrested on drug charges pulled a handgun from the "crack of his buttocks" and fired two shots at police while he was handcuffed. Fortunately, the gun "jammed." Just like the news media, they don't say if it was a failure to eject, to extract, a stovepipe, or whatever. We do know the gun was a Raven P25. http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/nation/2014/06/17/man-hides-gun-in-buttcheeks/10700499/

So, I have to wonder if the gun "jammed" because it needed cleaning, for obvious reasons, or because it was a Raven and that's what Ravens do. Maybe a bit of both? Would a mini-revolver or derringer fared any better?

Police patted him down but obviously did not find the gun. Rumor has it that local police are thinking of changing their method of searches from "stop and frisk" to "stop and fist." :eek: Okay, just kidding on the last point.

DaleA

A woman did something similar here in the Twin Cities a couple years ago...hid a gun in her person and then after being frisked and charged went to the restroom and came out shooting.

It's going to be tough to discuss this in polite company.

madmo44mag

Holly dumb butt!!!
You frisked a skinny guy like that and missed a gun???????

I bet that never happens again to that LEO.

As for jams.
A little of both.
Cheap gun, dirty and limp wristed.

BarryLee

A family member is a LEO and he told me many of the guns they find on street level criminals are crap. He also said many of the guns are not loaded to maximum capacity and he speculated that the criminals simply don’t have any more ammo. So, it sounds very likely that many obtain a gun through some illegal manner and probably never clean or shoot the thing.

This started out smarmy, and it hasn't gotten better. There's really no wisdom to be gleaned or substance to be debated on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.