Man, my SASS is ready for spring!

Bitter-cold day here in Eastern Kentucky. I am staying warm thinking about my new collection, though.

I decided to finally bite the bullet and trade around and get me a collection of SASS-style guns and try it out this spring. I have gotten hold of 2 Ruger vaqueros in 357, a Rossi m92 "big loop" in 357, a CAI SxS 12 gauge, and a Pietta 58 Remington in 44. I am thinking about sometimes using the 58 in concert with one of the vaqueros, if they will let me. I dug out my old cowboy boots. I have a "buscadero" style belt with holster. All I need is one more holster and a hat, and I think I am ready to roll!

I have visited the local SASS competitions before, and they were really friendly. I am hoping my ole pappy (who happens to be my all-time favorite shooting buddy at his cantankerous old age of 67) will go too because he can use my guns

So, is my excitement showing a little?

psalm7

Sounds great . Im a fan of the Ruger SA's . When I clicked on the title I thought you were refering to Simi Auto Sniper System . Like a MK11 , MK12 OR SR25 .

only things that have held me back the last couple years... is the component shortages a while back, & extreme heat / humidity...

I think I have the guns covered several times over, for both MRS & I...

even got copies of the targets the local club uses for my personal range...

it's funny, as I am so..."not a cowboy" in real life... but I do the full dress up, spurs, chinks, pocket watch, wool felt hats ( which BTW, get really hot in July ;) )

this last year I changed the grip frames on my Montados to a set of Colt Lightning style grip frames ( which is going to take some practice to get used to ) I also did up a pair of cartridge conversion 51 Navies that I want to use on nice days...

I'm looking forward to spring as well...