Making the plunge. DPMS 308B

velocette

I've been needing to scratch an itch for a couple of years now. I have an M1 Garand (DCM) and an M1 carbine (not GI) & a couple of .22 rifles. I wanted an autoloading "Black" rifle. Not in .223. Last week I went to my friendly local gunshop & ordered a DPMS LR 308 B. (18" stainless bull barrel) The only option I asked for was the Cryogenic treated barrel. I view this firearm as a blank sheet of paper. A starting point if you will.
Are there items that are reasonably considered to be "needed" for such a rifle? I know I must buy and install optics, ( or use one of my aimpoints on it)
What cha all think? Remember, if you're spending my money, you gotta be careful and get real value for the buck, I work for a living too.

Roger

scouter27

leupold mr/t 3-9 in some badger rings and maybe a bipod if the barrel is floated, if not, then also a good free floated forend

VUPDblue

First, the must haves for that rifle are: Hogue Grip, Bipod, Badger Charging Handle Latch (makes charging MUCH easier with a scope attached), good glass.

Next, I might look into getting a different stock, an adjustable one like this one by Magpul I am a big fan of adjustable sniper-style stocks for precision shooting.