Makes me want to cry

TexasCop

Hey,

responded to a local pawn shop on a call for service today, in Texas. They had a 20 year old bring in a Glock to pawn for some money. Told him they couldn't pawn it because he's not 21 and called us because they didn't think he was allowed to own it. He wasn't carrying it loaded and concealed without a license, wasn't carrying it in his car loaded, was just POSSESSING the gun and trying to get some money for a bit.

Tried to tell them that it wasn't illegal just for him to HAVE the weapon, and even had to call the ATF to confirm that ownership/possession of a gun as an adult isn't against the law, only purchasing a firearm from an FFL if you are under 18 or a handgun if you are under 21.

Now here's the part that made me want to cry, the shop manager had a Colt Python 4" on her desk in the office, lockwork was smooth, gun felt great, but the cyclinder bluing was all tattered to heck, I wanted to cry... offered to take it off their hands and get it to a good home where it could be taken care of but no luck.

I just hate it when something beautiful like that is destined to be a "Cinderella" gun until someone rescues it.

OH yeah, and the cyclinder was so dry and dusty it barely spun, and the cylinder lock was really hard to move, also from lack of care and lubrication.

gordo b.

Sure hope to heck you ran the serial #s for stolen.Seems like returning peoples stolen property is way down on the laws to enforce, at least in Ca.!:mad:

Action_Can_Do

I'd love to own a python:rolleyes: . It seems that everyone who owns one just doesn't give it the love that I would. I feel your pain.