Makarov: the real thing!

RON in PA

This past weekend I lucked out at a gunshow and found a Soviet manufactured Makarov mixed-in with a lot of Bulgarians. It seems that a small percentage of the milsurp Bulgarian Maks are infact Soviet. For those interested in obtaining the "real thing" look for a small triangle in a circle, that's the Soviet arsenal i.d. as oppossed to the number 10 in a circle, the Bulgarian arsenal i.d.. Also if the serial number has a year, then it's Soviet.

Compared to the Bulgarian Maks, the Soviet is superior in fit and finish, but not quite up to an East German.:)

Redlg155

How much did ya pay if you don't mind me asking?

I saw several Russian Maks at the gunshow here in Panama City last week, but they were "beaters" that had shown a lot of use and finish wear. I wasn't about to pay $250 for one in that condition. They even wanted $200 for used Bulgies, they type available for $100 at J&G.

Good Shooting '
RED

sgtmaj13

The last two shows I attended in SE PA (Ft. Washington & Chester) only had a couple of used Bulgie maks at $200 per. Which show produced your sought after jem & at what price? I
found a unissued Bulgie milsup at a shop in MontCo but he to wanted $200 firm. These $110 Bulgies and $150 EG and Russian Mil maks I keep reading about are killing me. Congrats on a heck of a find. Good shooting.

SgtMaj13
Semper Fi

whiskey

Bought an East German fro 170.00 last weekend. Looks GREAT! I will get to pick it up Thursday. The bulgies were going for 140.00 and looked pretty good.

RON in PA

For the curious, I paid 139.95 plus the sales tax and instant check fee. Got it at the Fort Washington show on 11/10.

In my experience there is a lot of luck and being at the right place at the right time with gun shows.