maine moose hunt?

troy_mclure

my dad drew a non resident bull moose tag after 12 years of sending in.

the hunt is in october, so now he is scrambling to find info, guides, etc...

he has not got the official packet yet, just all the guide services congratulating him, and sending brochures.

he has hunted moose before in alberta, but he planned for 2 years for that hunt.

any info or advise i could pass to him would be great, good/bad guides, etc...

thanks!

egor20

Never had a chance too hunt one.
Great for your dad

Now if he can get a .......
flying squirrel
A Russian agent named Boris
A Russian agent named Natasha

He'll have a 4 some

Be Great hanging on the wall.:D:D:D

:D:D
:)

Tell him "good luck"

BikerRN

I've never hunted moose, or been to Maine, but I'd suggest your Dad contact the local chapter of safari club international and speak with some of their members and join up. Odds are someone there will have hunted moose in Maine and be able to suggest good guides and outfitters.

Biker

mainemoose

9 is a great WMD! But...I don't know any guides in that area. Here is a link to a website with guides from 9:
http://www.themainehuntingguide.com/wmd9.html

Out of staters can get ripped off very easily so beware. A guided hunt with lodging for 2 should cost about $2000. Some outfitters are a little more, some a little less. Add in 3 meals/day and you are looking at closer to $3000.

For example: We am going to WMD 1 and hunting with Ross Lake Camps for the October hunt. The cost is $1800 for the guided hunt and lodging for 2. We like to cook our own meals so food cost is not in there.
Always make sure to ask for references.

Good luck!