Mailing ammo?

chris in va

Sorry if this has been hashed out already.

I want to send my friend in MD some ammo for a Christmas present. He is fully legal to accept it.

Having received ammo in the mail myself, I understand it needs an 'ORM-D' sticker. But what carrier do I use, and does it have to be out of their hub? Do I notify the clerk it is loaded ammo, and how do I approach that?

rantingredneck

I've always used UPS and always dropped it off at the hub. I've been told recently that some UPS Stores are now accepting ammo, but I haven't personally confirmed that. May be worth a phone call to your local UPS store before you make the drive.

Box must be labeled ORM-D. Ammo must be shipped ground.

I've never used Fedex.

You cannot use the US Postal Service for ammo shipments.

Doyle

some UPS Stores are now accepting ammo

The UPS stores are franchise operations and each owner can choose to take ammo (and firearms) or not. If you get lucky and find a UPS store owned by a gun friendly person, please do us all a favor and post the store location. We could all use info like that.

Catfish25p2000

All the ones around me wont accept ammo or guns even if it is boxed up with a lable just sitting there for pickup. I ship a decent amount of ammo and guns, do I just opened an account with UPS and FEDEX.