Mags for 1927 Sistema .45

JBP

I finally had a chance to fire the 1927 Sistema .45 that I got from JLD Enterprices today. I was in the process of loading the mags that I use for my Ballester Molina (3 original, and 2 OEM) but before I loaded each one I inserted it into the well to make sure of the fit. The mag that came for the Sistema inserted and ejected w/o any problem. For all the other mags I had to press the mag release in order to insert them. One Ballester Molina and one OEM mag were really tight when inserted so after ejection I just put them aside. I could not see any difference in the size of any of them and the slots seemed to line up. I did not have any trouble with the four that I used at the range and fired about 100 rounds through the pistol (the wife was with me today with her 21A & even she was impressed how well I did with the Sistema :) ) Has any one else noticed this tight mag situation or it is just me? :confused:

johnwill

I've never shot the Ballester Molina, but all the standard 1911 magazines that I've tried in my 1927 fit and function just fine. Of course, I've already weeded out any mags that don't shoot in my 1911's, so I stacked the deck. :D

Archie

According to all the historical information...

the 1927 Systema Colt is a regular 1911A1 Colt pistol.

45 magazines are supposed to be 45 magazines. However, manufactured items being what they are, guns and magazines are all slightly different.

Morgan

My '27 seems to have a snugger than usual mag well as well. Take the pistol (or just the frame) to your local shop or gunshow and try a bunch of mags. Seems about half fit in mine just fine, about half are too tight for my taste. Many simply won't go all the way in without a good smack, and then getting them out is really fun.

Other that that, I really like the thing.

KPS

Chip McCormick Power mags work on mine just fine.Unfortunately when shooting HP's I have to load the 8rd mags down to 7rds.Harball I can load to 8rds.

Tropical Z

I got my Sistema from CDNN along with 2 Argentine 10 rounder military contract mags(which look awesome by the way!).Haven't noticed a problem with those or the mag that came in the box with the 1911.

TABING

I had trouble with my fancy Pachmyers, but bought 6 cheapos from J&G ($5.95 each) and they all work just fine, they seem to be the same kind supplied with the guns, marked "Colt", but no horsie.