Magpul MOE AK furniture on C39V2 tips.

deerslayer303

This handgaurd is a major PITA to get on. The two rivets that hold the inner heat shield inside the handgaurd is a monster to get by the rear sight base. I got it installed but it takes a plastic mallet to do it. A quick Google search revealed others having the same trouble. Now the Butt stock is a very tight fit. There is some plastic flashing that you can trim to make it go in tight but not having to use a hammer. And the upper hand guard is the same way. Where it meets the bottom handgaurd is a little long and I couldn't get the lever to push down. So I had to remove it and carefully used a knife and shave a little off the bottom and that did the trick to get it to go on. Just wanted to make this thread to maybe give other V2 owners a heads up. Sorry about not taking some pics of the areas to trim. But if you install this furniture and prefit it you will clearly see the areas to trim.
cbbe5a35e6da0b0d51fc539437ec56f8.jpg

Fishbed77

AKs are not ARs. Parts will almost always need some fitting.

The C39V2 is a American-made civilian-market commercial design, so there are no standardized specifications it is being made to. Even among the various military models of AK/AKM, dimensional details varied widely.

Last edited:

deerslayer303

Yeah I figured with the shear number of different AK manufacturers Magpul takes a "in general" approach to manufacturing aftermarket furniture. With the fitting required the good thing is, its super solid and that I like. This is my first AK and I was kinda expecting it to just go on without a hitch. But if everything was cut an dry it wouldn't be any fun. I enjoy tinkering with them as much as shooting.

smee78

That looks great, congrats. I am going to install the Magpul set on one of my AK's and cant decide weather to go with the fixed stock or the folder. I guess the only way to get a good fit on most guns is to make them a little "oversized" so they can be trimmed to fit tight. I would rather have it this way that loose and falling off.

deerslayer303

HEY smee78!! Long time no see my friend. I dropped by the shop the other day. But my favorite salesman that seems to get me into trouble was nowhere to be found. Lol.