Magizine for Sig 220

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blev

Hi folks,

My local range has a Pachmeyer magazine for a Sig 220 for $29. Is this a good, reliable magazine? Is the price right for a new one? New ones from Sig are $33 for the 7 round and $42 for the 8 round.

Thank you in advance for your help.

------------------
Blev

Walt Sherrill

The one Pachmyar I tried in my P-220 didn't work. Wouldn't feed. They are apparently not made by Mec-Gar, but by some US company.

(This topic has been discussed on the SIG list in recent days, and there has been mixed results with the Pachmyar.)

If I were you, I'd stick with factory mags (or Mec-Gar, since Mec-Gar builds Sig's mags). Check CDNN (in Gun List or Shotgun News); they generally have Sig mags for quite a bit below list, or go to a gun show.

THe price you cited was NOT particularly good.

Jeff OTMG

CDNN had those for about $7-$9. They were closeouts that Pachmayr dumped made by Pro-mag (I think) or Triple-K. There are some out there that Mec-Gar did for Pachmayr and they are great. Here in Texas blue Mec-Gars for the P220 can be found for $15-$18.

[This message has been edited by Jeff OTMG (edited August 06, 1999).]

Mike Spight

Blev: Be careful using anything but SIG factory mags in the 220. Yeah, I know a lot (or all) of their factory mags are made my MecGar...problem is, the shiny blue MecGars constantly failed to feed properly in my 220. The heavier, parkerized finish SIG factory mags (I've bought all of mine from SIG or CDNN) never have let me down. I use the 7 rd version with SIGs rubber base plate installed.

Blev

Thanks for the info on the Pachmyar mag. I really appreciate it.

Walt,
Where is the sig list?

Thanks

------------------
Blev

Stick with Sig magazines, especially if your Sig is for self-defense.

There's an old thread in our Smithy forum which discusses the 8 round Sig magazine. Check it out.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

Status
Not open for further replies.