Magic “what size rings / mount does your scope need on your rifle“

TXAZ

I have an ATACR 7-35x56 scope I want to mount on a rifle with 20 MOA existing rail.
Has anyone found a *reliable* “will it fit” tool that shows if a mount will work for a particular scope on a particular rifle?
(Short of buying multiple mounts and trying them).

pete2

I had to order rings 3 times to get the correct height for my CZ .22. Good luck. I expect extra high for the 56MM.

std7mag

I would say it depends on the base you already have and your barrel contour.
I use EGW one piece bases, usually 20MOA.
EGW bases are rather tall.
Hence they allow me to use low rings with up to a 50mm objective.
I'm running EGW Keystone medium rings with my 10-50X60 Sightron SIII.

TBM900

6-inch-scale.png

Seriously... why not just measure?
I've yet to see a manufacturer that didn't provide full specs

603Country

Last time I had that problem, I called the people that sell the mounts and rings I wanted. I told them what rifle and what scope, and they told me what I needed. I bought it. They sent it. Perfect fit.

Txhillbilly

A very easy way to find out the ring height is to stack pennies on top of your scope base until you get the clearance that you are wanting, then measure the height of the pennies and order rings or mount that is nearest the same measurement.

jmhyer

Great answer from Tx! Just remember to allow sufficient clearance for the scope cover or cap, if that applies to your situation.

TXAZ

A very easy way to find out the ring height is to stack pennies on top of your scope base until you get the clearance that you are wanting, then measure the height of the pennies and order rings or mount that is nearest the same measurement.
We have a winner with a simple yet effective solution!
Thanks!