Magazine problems with DPMS Sportical

Dezynco

My friend just got his new DPMS "Sportical" in .308 - really nice little rifle! Problem with one of the magazines is that the last 2 cartridges will flip up out of the magazine and get turned crossways to the bolt, of course ruining the case. Sort of like this: -/

Any suggestions? Can anything be done to fix this problem with the magazine?

tkcomer

The same thing happened with my LR-308B with the same type of jam you described. Jam-O-matic with 3 rounds left in the mag. Tried a friends mag and the gun worked flawlessly. Called DPMS and they thought the mags had weak springs. Sent the mags back for replacement and just got the new mags in 2 days ago, but haven't had time to test them.

I am a FFL dealer and have had 1 come back to me that I sold and DPMS did the mag spring retro-fit and according to my customer, everything was kosher from there.................

tkcomer

Well, I just tested my new mags. I had DPMS substitute a 10 rounder for a 19 rounder. After some fits, the 10 rounder works. The 19 rounder is still doing the exact same thing. Jams with 3 rounds left in the mag. My friends mag still works great.

velocette

Disassemble the mags, deburr the followers, deburr the feed lips and round the square tabs at the front of the mag. Deburr all of the interior of the mag. No sharp edges anywhere. Then treat the followers, spring, the interior and exterior of the mag body with a dry lubricant such as Eezox or proprietary mag lubricants. Re-assemble, then go forth and shoot many Xs.

Roger