Magazine plug remington 1100: help!!!

Husqvarna

Magazine plug remington 1100: help!!!

so I need to install one of those pronto. I have the manual kinda know how to do it. my question is:

Due to laws in my country I need it to be permanent, can I glue the plug to the magazine cap and magazine follower or will this mess up the function?

Last edited:

g.willikers

If the plug is permanently attached to the follower at one end, and the mag cap at the other, what about the mag spring, that goes between the two?

burrhead

If you glue one end of the plug to the follower and the other end to the end cap, how do you expect the follower to move in the mag tube? Think about it for a minute.

James K

Member In Memoriam
You can glue one end of the plug to the inside of the magazine cap. That will keep the plug in place, but will it satisfy the law? You might have to drill out the magazine cap and use a screw to hold the plug or even use a metal tube plug and weld it to the magazine cap.

Another approach is to crimp the magazine tube to prevent the follower from moving more than a certain distance. The crimp is shallow enough not to interfere with the spring. That of course, is permanent; undoing it would require a new magazine tube.

Jim