Magazine drops out!

shickelgruber

I have a Ruger MK111 hunter ,installed all of the Volquartsen upgrades,has as sweet trigger pull, everything works great,except the magazine falls out,gos in with a click, cant figure it out! Tried to contact Volquartsen two times,in two weeks,left messages,never returned my calls,got any ideas?

tipoc

Why would your trigger upgrades effect the mag staying in place? Are you confident that the trigger work is the issue?

tipoc

cw308

There isn't much going on with the release , did you remove or clean the release , was it working before the upgrades , is the opposite side of the release button even with the frame when magazine is locked in place? How does the notch look on the magazine where it locks in place ?

BlackDuck

I would go with cw308 and look at the notch - it should be facing the hold down screw. Other than that, may have not gotten the spring in properly when you reassembled it.

Troy800

Did you install the magazine ejector upgrade, I would start there if you did. It Has been a few years since I did all the upgrades to mine. I did all volquartsen upgrades to mine except the hammer bushing. I used a Tandemkross hammer bushing for to remove the magazine disconnect. Don't remember exactly why but do remember some discussions on the Volquartsen hammer bushing for the mk3 and magazine disconnect. The Tandemkross hammer bushing had better reviews for removing magazine disconnect. May want to research the hammer bushing.

T. O'Heir

"...installed all of the Volquartsen upgrades..." If there was no issue prior to doing that, obviously, one of 'em is installed incorrectly. I'd be guessing it's probably the extended mag release. All those wee parts require fitting too.