Magazine drops after every shot?

rocky.223

After searching I found the primer damage issue I was having and found an answer. I was,however, unable to find an answer for this one. I have a Taurus Millennium Pro That is apparently a single shot. After every shot the mag drops out and causes all sorts of malfunctions. It's a new to me bought fairly cheaply and plan on calling Taurus to hear their response but would like some input from all of you. The mag release is situated in the most godawful position. It protrudes from the grip right in line with my thumb placement. I went to great lengths today to avoid touching it and still the mags drop after every shot. Thanks for your time guys.

Newton24b

options to pick from

1. recoil causes your thumb to activate the release upon firing.
it can happen, but ive never actually found a semi auto i could operate without needing two hands to drop the magazine.

2. bad magazine catch/release in gun
3. bad magazine , releases on recoil due to bad fit.

4. worst scenario, grip frame twists/torques on recoil. sw or springfield had a big issue with this in one of their semi autos a few years ago.

rocky.223

100% positive it's not the thumb activating the release. Drastically altered my grip and fired a few rounds. Mag released on every one.

Ralph Allen

I had a Taurus PT745 Millenium Pro that did the same thing. Had sent the pistol to Taurus for repairs on another issue. On the work order sent back it had "adjust magazine catch". After getting the gun back out to the range the magazine would drop after a shot or two. Magazine release seemed awful weak to me. Was pondering sending it back to Taurus for an adjustment as it has a lifetime warranty, when I decided to take it to a gun show for a possible trade. Traded it in on a Glock 21C. Maybe you got my trade? No way. I had 3 magazines with mine! Call Taurus and send it in for adjustment.
Ralph

mdThanatos

It was a known issue with these pistols from Taurus. Contact their support facility and let them know what is going on. You will have to send it to Miami to get it taken care of but they should take care of you. If the gun is over a year old you will have to cover shipping to them but they cover it back.

Walt Sherrill

If you bought it through a dealer, see if you can get the dealer to send it back to Taurus for you. They can use Priority Mail, which is much, much cheaper than sending it yourself via FedEx or UPS.

Eagleks

Newton24; said:
2. bad magazine catch/release in gun
3. bad magazine , releases on recoil due to bad fit.

Most likely one of these two.

I had one that did it, and sent it into the company (not a Taurus). I have no clue why, but they sent me back an entirely new gun (newly stamped with the same sn) and with the old barrel. They never explained why, and wouldn't tell me.

Had the same issue with mine. Sent it back to Taurus twice then sold it.

I live here and I didn't even give it the time of day. Had a PT145 a long time ago. Same issue and the slide would lock shut all the time. Sold it for $200.

SIG 1911 XO / SA 1911 custom / Colt Gold Cup / Colt 70 Series / SIG P226 e2 / Browning High-power / Walther PPQ / G17 / G34 / G19 / G21 / G22 / S&W M-19 / Hk USP 40 / Rem 870 / Rock R. AR-15

sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII

rocky.223

called Taurus

Taurus was very helpful, told me it was a bad magazine spring and said they were sending a brand new assembly not just the spring. If it works I might keep it a while. If not..... someone will buy it I'm sure.:rolleyes:

By the way, thanks for all your input It is much appreciated!