Mag loader

Hawg

I went to the gun store today and bought 200 rounds of 5.56 and a Caldwell Tac 30 mag loader. This thing makes short work of loading 30 round mags.

SsUihZRl.jpg

lunger

Looks interesting. Might have to check one out.

What s amazing is you found 200 rounds of 5.56::D

GarandTd

I'm rather jealous. Everytime I look, I feel like I'm wasting my time. Those are some pretty reasonable prices, given the current climate.

Hawg

A couple of months ago I was giving 16.99 for a 50 round box of 9 MM. Now a 50 round box is 24.99.

GarandTd

Yeah, the 9mm is kinda steep. I misread the round count on the box. The only 9mm I've seen in months is frangible rounds called Sinterfire. It's made in PA, so I'm guessing this why I'm seeing it around. I'm not willing to pay the premium for them.

Hawg

Yeah the hollow point stuff is higher but they have several brands of FMJ. All of them are 24.99 per 50 rounds. Browning was the only thing they had in a 100 round box. I've never used browning ammo before so I figured I'd give them a shot. :D

imashooter

Looks like you made the rounds on gun forums regarding the loader. Same response. But I'll add I find it over-priced based on the likelihood it will see very little use as most loaders are soon forgotten.

Hawg

Looks like you made the rounds on gun forums regarding the loader. Same response. But I'll add I find it over-priced based on the likelihood it will see very little use as most loaders are soon forgotten.
Maybe so but I will use it every time I load a mag. I appreciate your opinion.

straightShot

Some people looked at me funny every time that I ordered packages of 6,000 55gr FMJ BT Hornaday bullets, 8lb containers of Ramshot TAC, and 15,000 primers. The UPS driver on more that one occasion backed up in the driveway to unload this and other caliber bullets, primer, and powder as well.

When available, go ahead and get stocked up on ammo in one caliber such as this by reloading in bulk. If you're not a reloader and if ammo becomes available at a reasonable price, order 1,000 round cases of loaded ammo. You'll end up shooting more, but that's good. Don't ever let yourself run out of ammo and get to te point of buying one or two boxes of ammo at a time. That's NOT good.