Mag holders - your prefrence?

Quartus

Lookin for some advice on mag holder for 1911 double stack.

Tried to pick some up at the local Sprotsman's Warehouse, but the only thing they had in stock was mis-marked. I checked every package they had, and all that were marked for double stacks were actually for single stacks. Bummer!

I'm using the Accumold paddle holster, and I'd like a padle style mag holder for two mags.

So, what's your opinion? Velcro closure? Snap tabs? Cordura? Leather? Kydex? Brand?

Walt Sherrill

I like the cheap (two up) paddle magazine holder from Fobus. IT works with every double-stack I've got, including my Witness Long Slide (.45 acp). Can't beat the price (unless Uncle Mike has come out with a competing product.)

P

PreserveFreedom

You probably won't find it in paddle, but I would go with a nylon version with the velcro flap, if I couldn't find anything else. You ought to find one of them to fit.

branrot

I have some double mag holsters from Safariland which fit my P13.45 mags. Black leather (I think), and velcro closures. Can be worn horizontally or vertically. I have other brands for my 9mm and .40 double stack mags, but something that will hold .45 double stacks are harder to find.