Mack Bros EVO II Rem 700 Stock Fitment

USAF Ret

I am currently starting a rifle build. The only components I know I am using are a Carbon Six barrel, Mack Bros EVO II action and a Trigger Tech trigger. I am kind of hung up on the stock.

Any EVO II owners out there that can tell me what kind of stock you are using for a Rem 700 SA? Grayboe is the only one I found that has an inlet specifically for the EVO II. I contacted KRG and MDT and it sounds like those stocks will require modification.

I was originally just wanting the Magpul Hunter. I have one on a 6.5 Creedmoor and it is the most comfortable stock I have ever felt. It feels like an extension of my body.

Note - This is a short action for a 7mm-08 build, so I don't need suggestions or comments on going with another caliber.

taylorce1

If you like the MagPul stock, that's the one I'd use. It should fit since that action is a M700 footprint. What was the modification required for your action choice on the MDT and KRG stocks?

Last edited:

USAF Ret

If you like the MagPul stock, that's the one I'd use. It should fit since that actiion is a M700 footprint. What was the modification required for your action choice on the MDT and KRG stocks?
There is something about a trigger hanger that was said might require some work. I am calling Mack Bros. today to ask them about it. I think they should know what stocks are drop in without modification.

hooligan1

Manners Composite Stocks..
Take a look at their website and call them with any questions.. Yes military discount..