Machine Pistol?

insman1132

:) :) Can a novice ask a question? In the movies I saw an automatic pistol that continued to fire automatically if you hold the trigger. It fires rapidly and will empty the clip if you continue to hold the trigger in. Is there such a weapon on the market?

smee78

This question should go over to the NFA guns and gear section, but yes there are a few out there, but few that can be bought by us mortals. The uzi pistol and glock 18 come to mind as mach pistols.

DBAR

Beretta makes an automatic handgun as well. The Glock, and the Beretta are the only traditional handguns that I've seen. There are a couple of others like the Scorpion by CZ, and the UZI, but they are much bigger in design. Surf the net (google), and you'll learn a lot more.

Jim Watson

Historical pieces you could actually (legally) buy if you had the money and the patience to wade through the sextuplicate paperwork include:

Mauser Model 712 Schnellfeur, last development of the Broomhandle.
Astra 902 and Super Azul copies of Mauser, more or less.
Star Model MM.
Trejo Model 1 and Model 2 Special in .22 lr, a full auto you can afford to shoot.

JohnKSa

Administrator
The Beretta 93R won't go fully automatic, IIRC. It's 3 shot burst only. The G18 is fully automatic. There was an automatic version of the H&K VP70 but I believe it was only full-auto with the shoulder stock installed.

Skans

The M-10 (Mac 10) and M11 are the most common machine pistols that a private individual can own after completing the BATFE transfer papaerwork.

Superhouse 15

The VP70M was three shot burst with the stock attached. Semi without the stock. It and the Beretta 93 were limited to burst instead of FA. Ive fired a couple FA pistols and had a broken gun run away once. So uncontrollable I'd think the best use would be for making a movie rather than hitting things.

Skans

Generally speaking, "machine pistol" is what Europeans call a submachinegun.

Boy, that would really screw up our "American" technical definitions catagorizing certain guns.

armoredman

CZ still makes the CZ75 full auto, that uses a spare magazine as a forward grip. I think there is maybe 5 or 6 transferrable examples in the US, so price would just a LITTLE high. That is a true "machine pistol", like the Glock 18. The German machinenpistole is usually what we would call a submachinegun nowadays, two handed firearm.

gyvel

Trejo Model 1 and Model 2 Special in .22 lr, a full auto you can afford to shoot.

Good Lord! I've been looking for one of those for years and have never found the "Tipo Rafaga" Trejo.:eek: I would love to have one.:D