Machine Gun Shoot

Marlin009

A local gun club had a machine gun shoot today. I have never been to anything like this, I am really glad I decided to check it out. It was held on their 200yd range. The shooting line was probably 100 yds wide and it was FULL. 4 vehicles, numerous propane tanks and fire extinguishers, bowling pins etc. They also had some kind of small box or bottle that exploded when it was hit. There were a bunch of those inside 100yds and a couple of very big ones out at about 150. When they announced "open fire" the noise and destruction was incredible.

Here are a few pics, but they just don't do it justice.

The range prior to the mayhem.

MGSHOOTRANGE.jpg

MGSHOOTRANGE-2.jpg

The range after about one minute.

MGSHOOTRANGE-3.jpg

This one was water cooled. After a very short time, boiling water and steam
were shooting out the port on the front of the barrel.

MGSHOOT1.jpg

Standing 10 feet from a 50 cal was something I had never been able to do before.

MGSHOOT50CAL.jpg

There aren't enough o's in cooooooooooooooool to describe this one. Just amazing. I took a short video of it buzzing one of the times he shot it but it didn't come out very good.

MGSHOOTMINIGUN.jpg

To top it all off I got to shoot 2 20rd mags through this M16 LMG. I think that was the best 50 bucks I've ever spent.

They have 3 of these each year, next is in July and then another in Oct.
I WILL BE THERE!!!! Since I'm limited to 6 images, which include smiley faces, please imagine a whole line of HUGE GRINS right here.

Usertag

I Live Pretty Close to Knob Creek Gun Range. And 2 times a year they have the World's Biggest Machine Gun Shoot. It's Pretty Cool.

Cheapshooter

I haven't been in a few years. Flooded out one year, NRA convention same W/E one year, surgery last year. Got plans made for it this year. Really missing it!!!

Marlin009