MAC build - best model?

xtr

Out of the models in the MAC family, which is the best to choose when building from parts kits & and weld receiver parts? Which has the most parts available? Which is just better in general? Was looking into a build and didn't know which model to shoot for.

ghost556

just get any glock 9mm and buy some 33rd mags,better gun and more versatile. those MACs are ghetto looking,junky and a waste of money. the glock will be more accurate as well,far more accurate

xtr

just get any glock 9mm and buy some 33rd mags,better gun and more versatile. those MACs are ghetto looking,junky and a waste of money. the glock will be more accurate as well,far more accurate

I agree with you 100%. I own a glock and love it. I just wanted a fun, inexpensive build. I also kind of like the novelty of the MAC's. Though they are kind of pointless in semi auto setup, I still like their looks and whatnot.

FALshootist

The original open bolt models (preferably full auto if it is legal in your jurisdiction) if you can find one at a reasonable price. The original M11 was in 380 and not much bigger than a 1911. I used to know someone with a registered m11 and suppressor. This was truely a very cool, room clearing setup, especially with a 20 round mag in the gun and 2 32 round mags in the shoulder holster.

Next would be an open bolt 45 suppressed m10.

Sure the tax stamps are expensive but it costs money to have a good time.

xtr

I am more or less looking to do a semi auto build with no tax stamps involved. I was trying to get a feel for which model to settle on. Is the M11-9mm the best? It seems like it may have the most parts available. I wouldnt mind doing an M10 .45 ,but i didnt see as many parts kits and such. Am I just not looking hard enough?

montrose981

mac

the origin mac 10 and 11 where full auto open bolt weapons.... when the contract with the Army in the 1960 fail to go thru the mac where sold to the public in both full auto and semi auto open bolt models.... the company ran in problem with lack of money an the ATF. Semi weapon where sold in closed bolt form it until the RPB was sold to cobray then they lasted for some time
m11/9 weapons.. they to when under..... the more wan ed weapon are origin open bolt mac 10 in 45acp and mac10 in 9mm..... next is m11 in 380 acp open bolt... they cost lost of dollars..... you can find a company in TX than makes a pretty good copy of a closed bolt mac 10.... i would try that b4 try to built one from parts.... beside ATF could nail you for making a weapon without a license.