Mabye I was wrong about EAA?

testuser

I bought an EAA Witness match originally in .40 S&W (not a good choice for this pistol), that had a problem with a loose safety. Anyway, my gunsmith has been bugging EAA for parts since November. Last week, I told him just to send in to EAA.

Well, it arrive yesterday with a new safety (the original problem). I received an upgrade to an ambidextrous safety, a new sear was fitted and the .38 Super compact conversion barrel/slide and shipped it with had also been hand fitted.

It only cost me $25 to send it in. They didn't charge me for the parts or the return shipping.

Yesterday I was mad, but today, I'm feeling pretty good about. Maybe the EAA customer service isn't so bad?

I guess the lesson here is to send it in to EAA, instead of going back and forth about parts.

This was a good shooting pistol before it went to the factory! We'll see how it does this weekend...

Last edited:

Micropterus

One measure of a quality gun is whether or not you ever need to use their customer service department. My EAA Witness in .45 has been shooting flawlessly since the '90s.

I'm glad your experience has been positive. I feel good about owning a gun that operates well but is backed by good service should something fail.