M95 Steyr value info

KS1911

I have seen varying values for these rifles on the internet and am curious as to what mine is worth. I have been able to find very little information regarding the Austrian Steyr's and would appreciate any help.

It is the carbine model and the barrel is "S" marked with "Steyr M.95" on the top of the receiver. The numbers match on the barrel, bolt and stock ("1433"). The receiver is stamped from import "M95 Austria 8X56R, C.A.I. Georgia VT.

I believe this means it is a Century Arms Import.

DoctorXring

If it has a nice stock and average bore, $100 to $150.

If it has a nice stock and an excellent bore,
maybe up to $200.

Lack of cheap and easily procured ammo hurts
the value of these neat carbines.

I've got one and the set up to reload for it.
Lot's of fun to shoot and very accurate.

In 2003 when the current crop of M95s started coming in Century was selling carbines/stutzens rearsenalled in the 1930s and still in arsenal wrap for about $120... They weren't "new" but they were unissued/unused since being rearsenalled and I haven't seen any of that condition for sale since. I'm just guessing, but my guess is that M95s in that condition are now worth rather more than $200, especially if still in the mummy wrap...

Also, the Infantrie Gewehrs... full length rifles... are fairly scarce and may go from $300 to maybe $450 depending on condition.

Also, M95Ms... conversions to fire Mauser ammo from a fixed magazine, especially the rare one that has an extractor that isn't broken (yet:D), may fall in the "above $300" price range.

Flipper 56

I believe I just purchased one of these M95M of which you speak. Straight pull....kinda muzzle heavy. What causes the extractor to break?