M62 Tracer Rounds in 30-06

studman5578

Ok so I'm noob and forgot to look for specific loading data for these tracers I bought before I bought them, and now that they are on the way, I can't find the data. I've had no problem finding data for the 308 win or the m25 tracer, but can't find the m62 in 30-06. For primers I've got Remington large rifle and large rifle magnum, and for powder I've got varget and 3031. i have a feeling I'll need to go out and buy a different powder at some point soon anyway but I would prefer to not if I didn't have to. Afterall, i'm just a broke college student. Thanks for your help guys!

studman5578

145 grain. I'm also curious about the powder-tracer compound interaction. if its dangerous with certain powders. any information will help. thanks again for anything. BTW my gun is a savage 111

AlaskaMike

I've never tried loading tracers before, but I wouldn't think there would be any weird reaction between the tracer compound and powder. I could be wrong though.

I'd use data for 150 grain bullets with those and go with Varget. Try both powders though--I've heard of people having very good accuracy in .30-06 with 3031.

Mike