M6 Scout - Field Accuracy?

N8

Hey guys. Have a buddy who wants to buy a M6 .22 Hornet / .410 for backpacking and rodent hunting in the backcountry. Dad didn't seem to think this would be accurate beyond about 75 yards.. Anyone out there own one? How well does it work?
Thanks-
Nate

------------------
Train Hard-

headroom

A friend of mine had one several years ago and said it was fairly accurate and fun to shoot. The american rifleman reviewed the scout about a year or two ago.

KNIGHT

.22 Hornet is very a sensitive round to reload, so if you are thinking about the money aspects of your project you might want to conssider the .22Mag, or if you do hobby reload try to find one with .223 instead. These guns are useful for a survival gun but try not to use them instead of a rifle:shotgun combo that was meant for hunting in the first place. if you want to actualy use a combo gun for hunting the Crossfire is a .223:12g over under pump action. If you want to see a picture of this gun go to www.securityarms.com/gallery.htm . Also check The Shooter's Bible it may contain more detailed dicriptions of other over under rifle:shotgun combo guns.

------------------
FA-MAS is my friend.

[This message has been edited by KNIGHT (edited March 15, 1999).]

Mike Baugh

I have 2 of the M6's in .410/.22lr , I was so impressed with the accuracy of the first I bought the second . The guns I have are the new versions made by CZ so I do not know how the older ones shoot . You have to do your part but both of mine will out shoot my 10-22 at 50 yards . Good Luck , Mike...